Organic Search Results Statistics
- 51% of all website traffic comes from organic search,
- …10% from paid search.
- …5% for social
- …34% from all other sources. (BrightEdge)
- 32.5% of the average traffic share is dominated by the first organic search result on Google. (Chitika)
- …91.5% of the average traffic share is dominated by the first page of organic search results on Google. (Chitika)
- 1,890 words is the average content length of the first page result on Google. (Backlinko)
- Over 40% of revenue is captured by organic traffic. (BrightEdge)
- 73,000,000,000 phone calls were generated from mobile search alone in 2018. (Acquisio)
- 8.59 is the average number of organic desktop search results that populate on page 1 of Google. (SearchMetrics) (No longer 10!)
- 20 x’s more traffic opportunity in SEO than compared to PPC on both mobile and desktop.
Industry/Business Spending Statistics
Local Search Behavior Statistics
- 80% of consumers use search engines to find local information. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 88% of users search on a smartphone. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 54% of smartphone users search for business hours.
- 53% of smartphone users search for directions to a local store. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 80% consumers prefer ads customized to their city, zip code, or immediate surroundings. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 70% of consumers say it’s important to have directions and a call button in ads. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 65% of people use their phone in their I-want-to-buy moments. (Think with Google)
- 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day.
- … 28% of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Think with Google)
User Search Behavior Statistics
- 51.3% of internet users worldwide operate mobile and tablet devices.
- …48.7% use desktops.(StatCounter)
- 15% of the millions of active US web users performed at least one or more searches in a day.
- …45% performed at least one query in a week.
- …68% performed one or more queries that month. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 79% of people took a relevant action on their phone prior to making a purchase. (Think with Google)
- 39% of purchasers were influenced by a relevant search. (Think with Google)
- 3 words is the average length of a typical search term. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 21% of searches lead to more than one click on Google’s results. (Jumpshot/Moz)
Link Building Statistics
- 130 trillion web pages have been crawled by Google. (Google via Search Engine Land)
- 2 trillion is the estimated number of searches Google is handling per year worldwide. That breaks down to 63,000 searches per second; 3.8 million searches per minute; 228 million searches per hour; 5.5 billion searches per day; and 167 billion searches per month. (Search Engine Land)
- 1 billion people use Google search every month. (Google via Business Insider)
- 40-60 billion: The estimated number of searches happening on Google in the U.S. each month. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 81% : The total search engine market share that Google currently holds. (Net Market Share)
- 15% of daily searches on Google are unique and never been searched for before. (Google)
- 1 minute is the average length someone spends on a search query. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 30% of all mobile searches are related to location. (Think with Google)
- 66% of distinct search queries resulted in one or more clicks on Google’s results.
- …34% of searches get no clicks at all. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 40.9% of Google searches done on mobile devices result in an organic click.
- …2% in a paid click.
- …57.1% in no click at all. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- 62.2% of Google searches done on desktop devices result in an organic click.
- 2.8% in a paid clicin no click. (Jumpshot/Moz)
- …35% in no click. (Jumpshot/Moz)